OUR RULES & AIMS
Education Services Aims
Our Aim is to raise levels of attainment, achievement and participation in all our children and young people.
1. We will ensure that children and young people will be at the centre of our plans.
This means planning by schools and support from Education Services will be focussed on delivering to all our children and young people the entitlements embedded in Curriculum for Excellence and Getting It Right for Every Child.
2. We will improve our partnership working
This means an emphasis on Cluster working, training on Getting it Right For Every Child themes, parental involvement, multi-agency working, partnership with Community Learning and Development (CLD); Professional Learning Communities and collaboration with Education Scotland, the Care Inspectorate and Further Education Colleges.
3. We will encourage innovation, creativity, collaboration and a culture of sharing and learning in all our staff
This means a focus on transformational leadership, professional autonomy and local solutions and building capacity in all our staff.
4. We will streamline our business processes
This means empowering our schools and staff to find better ways of working, with an emphasis on professional autonomy, local solutions, developing leadership, capacity building, effective Continuing Professional Development and implementing Getting It Right for Every Child processes.
Annan Academy Vision and Aims
It is the fundamental vision of Annan Academy to be a leading school in learning and teaching and to ensure the personal, social and moral welfare of the young people in our care. We strive to work with students, parents and the wider community to continually improve opportunities for all learners, enabling each individual to achieve her or his potential.
We aim that the school will: • encourage all students to achieve their full potential
• foster a welcoming, positive environment for all students, staff, parents and the wider community
• provide a rich curriculum which caters for all students
• provide opportunities for quality learning and teaching which motivate students to become successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors
• offer effective support for all students to encourage health and well-being
• value and support its staff to enable them to provide opportunities to develop students to their maximum potential.
At Annan Academy we value:
1. the individual
• by generating an ethos of fairness for all
• by creating a safe encouraging environment where young people feel respected and valued through encouragement and praise
• by promoting a sense of self discipline and responsibility for ourselves and others
• by nurturing an atmosphere of self-respect and respect for others
2. personal achievement
• by celebrating the successes of students and staff
• by helping individuals to participate and to achieve success
• by creating an environment which promotes confidence and support for others
• by maintaining high expectations of attainment for all our pupils
3. the school community
• by respecting and caring for our environment
• by showing pride in our school
• by developing strong partnerships with the wider community and encouraging their involvement in school life
• by including all members of the wider community in the policy making process
• by building the idea of learning as a lifelong process.